UNDERGRAD ART/LIT MAG
[Georgia State University]
CALL FOR NATIONAL SUBMISSIONS
Now welcoming submissions from undergrads currently enrolled in any college or university in the country!***
We’re hoping to expand our readership and extend our reach to include exciting student voices outside of Georgia State University.
We will consider original art, poetry, and prose for our Spring 2017 issue.
We are also interested in work by international students, and by undergrads enrolled in colleges and universities outside of the United States. If you have any questions regarding eligibility, please email our Editor-in-Chief at email@example.com
***Please be aware that the submission process for non-GSU students is different from the process for students currently attending Georgia State University.***
Submissions close on 3/19/17, at 11:59 p.m.
Underground Art/Lit Mag at Georgia State University, National Undergrad Submission Guidelines (2017):
- Submissions should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please attach each piece you’d like us to consider as a separate file. It’s okay to send us multiple attachments in a single email. All files should be standard formats, such as .doc, .docx, .jpg, or .eps.
- Each file you attach should include your name (as you’d like it to appear, if selected for publication), and the name of the college or university you currently attend. You must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student in order to be eligible to submit. The best way to help us verify your status is by submitting your work using your current student email. We will verify that you are currently enrolled as an undergraduate student.
- Please use 12-pt. Times New Roman or similar font.
- Limit word counts to approximately 2,500 words. Preference will be given to shorter pieces. We’re all busy undergrads, too!
- Attention: Additionally, you must provide all of the following information in the body of your email. We will not be able to consider your work unless you do so.
- Full Name
- Mailing Address
- Phone Number
- Title(s) and genre(s) (art, poetry, or prose) of pieces submitted
- Media used (if applicable)
If your work is selected for publication in our upcoming issue, you will receive two complimentary copies of the journal, which will be sent to the mailing address you include in the submission email.
Get in touch! We want to hear from other undergrads and undergrad literary journals around the country (and the world). Let’s start a conversation, swap subscriptions, swap ads, compare notes, etc.
Thanks for taking the time to submit your work to Underground. Our mission is to give you a platform with which to reach a wider audience. We can’t wait to hear from you! Get heard!