Submissions for our Fall 2017 issue are officially open! Please follow our submission qualifications and guidelines below. If you have any questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Underground only accepts work from students enrolled in Undergraduate programs in U.S. universities and colleges. We are not currently considering undergraduate alumni or work from undergraduates beyond the states. All work must be previously unpublished. Works posted publicly on the internet, including those posted on Facebook or similar social media platform, may not be eligible for publication in Underground.
If you have questions regarding the eligibility of a piece, please ask us before you submit: email@example.com
Simultaneous submissions will be considered with notification. Please note in the title of all applicable documents the status as simultaneous, like so:
It is the responsibility of the author/artist to notify us as soon as a simultaneous submission has been accepted elsewhere. Underground retains first publication rights for submissions accepted by and published in the journal. All rights revert to the author/artist after publication.
- If you are a Georgia State University student: please submit your work through our Orgsync portal. Login with your GSU ID and password, navigate to “Underground”, visit the “Forms” tab, then complete the forms that apply to your submission(s). You are welcome to submit to any categories you please, but we ask that you please follow the limits set for each particular category. Work by current staff members of Underground is not eligible for publication.
- If you are not a Georgia State student: please email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may submit up to three pieces total per category (meaning up to three poems/three stories/ and three art pieces), saving each one individually with the title formatted as “lastname_title”. Artists, should you need alternative accommodations for your submission(s), please contact us at the aforementioned email.
- We ask that you also include the following information in the body of your email:
- Email and phone number
- List of Submission Titles and Applicable Categories, ex:
- “Title of Piece 1” – Prose
- “Title of Piece 2” – Art
- Affiliated University and Class Standing (Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior)
These rules are meant to be followed; violating them may render your submissions ineligible for publication.
All national submissions are subject to enrollment verification upon acceptance.
Please note that we are small staff of students, and as such, we have a limited amount of resources for reading. Therefore, any unsolicited submissions, by GSU students or otherwise, will not be considered for publication. We thank you for understanding.